[SOLVED] Internet is green but I’m still not got connection

quirky_jr

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2016
My modem is saying that is connected and my wifi router says it’s good but I’m still not getting internet connection. My mom was cleaning and she did something to either the modem or the wifi. I absolutely have no idea what to do now and I got class assignments due soon. Any help would be goood.

Solution
Did she by chance unplug the ethernet cable from the WAN port and connect it to a switch port instead??

Other than that, make sure you power cycle correctly.
  1. Disconnect power to both devices.
  2. Disconnect ethernet cable from WAN port.
  3. Plug in the modem and let it boot up fully, ensure internet is online.
  4. Plug in WAN cable and power up the router.
Did she by chance unplug the ethernet cable from the WAN port and connect it to a switch port instead??

Solution

quirky_jr

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2016

Just reset my modem and I finally got internet through my modem now but it’s refusing to connect to my router. I’ve already reset, unplug and reboot my router but it’s not working. Should I just buy a new one?

Just reset my modem and I finally got internet through my modem now but it’s refusing to connect to my router. I’ve already reset, unplug and reboot my router but it’s not working. Should I just buy a new one?

Did you follow my steps exactly? If you reset the modem, plug in your laptop, then plug it into the router, it won't work. You can't do it that way. If you plug it into the laptop, you have to reset it again before connecting the router. It's best to follow my steps exactly. Don't power up the router until after the modem is fully booted and ready for it.

quirky_jr

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2016
Did you follow my steps exactly? If you reset the modem, plug in your laptop, then plug it into the router, it won't work. You can't do it that way. If you plug it into the laptop, you have to reset it again before connecting the router. It's best to follow my steps exactly. Don't power up the router until after the modem is fully booted and ready for it.
Yeah FINALLY after doing it the second time it managed to work now LMAO! I'm late two homework but its good now.

Reactions: gggplaya