[SOLVED] Internet is slow on only my computer, but speed tests show no difference

Mar 11, 2021
Yesterday, my internet speed on my computer and ONLY my computer started to act up. It's connected to my router via ethernet, but I am experiencing excruciatingly slow loading times on YouTube videos, Spotify, and Twitter. Most of the time, a song/video won't even load, and even when it does it tends to be at a low resolution.

Like I said, this issue only persists on my computer. Even the other devices directly connected to the same router are completely fine. What's perhaps the weirdest to me, however, is the fact that my speed tests are not showing any signs of slowdown. They're essentially the same as they've always been, except it sure doesn't seem like it.

I've heard that this could be an issue with malware/viruses, but I installed a few pieces of antivirus software and none of them showed anything out of the ordinary. On top of this, some services on my computer work completely fine; for example, I haven't experienced a single issue with Discord.

I haven't been able to pinpoint the reasoning for this for the life of me and it's really, really starting to bother me. Could someone help me with this?

Solution
Check in task manager if something is using your CPU/GPU (Mallware, Windows Updates...)
Also search for viruses with a proper AntiVirus software like Malwarebytes or Symantec or Kaspersky ( a bit controversial because of the USA Ban).
They all have full functionality 30 day trial periods.
Check in task manager if something is using your CPU/GPU (Mallware, Windows Updates...)
Also search for viruses with a proper AntiVirus software like Malwarebytes or Symantec or Kaspersky ( a bit controversial because of the USA Ban).
They all have full functionality 30 day trial periods.

Solution

Jacklope

Reputable
Jan 17, 2021
Yesterday, my internet speed on my computer and ONLY my computer started to act up. It's connected to my router via ethernet, but I am experiencing excruciatingly slow loading times on YouTube videos, Spotify, and Twitter. Most of the time, a song/video won't even load, and even when it does it tends to be at a low resolution.

Like I said, this issue only persists on my computer. Even the other devices directly connected to the same router are completely fine. What's perhaps the weirdest to me, however, is the fact that my speed tests are not showing any signs of slowdown. They're essentially the same as they've always been, except it sure doesn't seem like it.

I've heard that this could be an issue with malware/viruses, but I installed a few pieces of antivirus software and none of them showed anything out of the ordinary. On top of this, some services on my computer work completely fine; for example, I haven't experienced a single issue with Discord.

I haven't been able to pinpoint the reasoning for this for the life of me and it's really, really starting to bother me. Could someone help me with this?
Did you install something from a shady/untrusted source. If yes just reinstall your windows (wipe the disc entirely). An antivirus is useless if you are careful on the internet. But if you are browsing daily on shady sites and install shady applications ( which you shouldn't do) install an antivirus.