Question Internet is working, but I can't play online games ?

May 11, 2021
Hey there,

I've made this account just to adress this topic, hoping for a solution. My internet is working fine: I can go on chrome without any problems and other devices in my home (laptops, pc's, mobiles) do not have any connection issues.
However, I cannot login to Steam, Battlenet or Epicgames in order to play online. I constantly run into connection/server issues before even starting a game. Only my own PC is affected by it.

I have tried numerous things already:
  • Taking down my firewall;
  • Looked up if Steam etc. was allowed through my firewall;
  • Checked the router;
  • Deleted AV;
  • Checked if the network adapter driver was up to date;
  • Replugging the network-cable of the PC/Changing it with another. After that, my internet went down on my PC. I couldn't connect to Google Chrome either, even after replugging.
  • Through cmd did some things with 'ipconfig' and 'DNS'. This resolved the issue above, but not the one I had in the first place. Still couldn't connect to online gaming servers;
  • Deleted the last Windows Update. Ever since I downloaded update KB5001391 (I think) I ran into the issue. I've read online that update KB5001330 caused issues aswell, so that one has been deleted too.
I'm running out of options, unfortunately. The only thing left seems a reset of my whole PC.

Do you guys have any suggestions or experience with the issue ?

Regards,

Sev.

Ralston18

Titan
What specific connection issues/error messages or pop-up windows appear when game connections fail?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and Windows version information.

Make and model: Modem and Router (or Modem/Router if combined)?

The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue. Who has full admin rights to the router?

You will need help from that person.

May 11, 2021
In regards to Blizzard's Battle.net error code: BLZBNTBGS80000011 is shown. I've since deleted the application, but unable to download it again. If tried the suggested troubleshooting on their website aswell.
Another example, EpicGames' Rocket League shows: Error 71 (Your connection to the game timed out).

-----
I am not technical, so I think you meant this:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz
RAM 16,0 GB
Type s 64-bits besturingssysteem, x64-processor

Editie Windows 10 Pro
Versie 20H2
Installatiedatum ‎31-‎3-‎2021
Build van besturingssysteem 19042.867
Ervaring Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0
-----
We have a WiFi MeshNetwork for our mobile phones at home, and a Fritzbox Ethernet that's been connected through cable in my PC. My father is the admin of the router, I am of my PC, but he's not experiencing any difficulties. And seems to find no problem with our router as a whole.
----
I myself can check the error-logs on my pc, if that's what you meant, but it makes me none the wiser. Moments where I try to log in and fail do not seem to produce an error-indication in that specific time-frame. But it's possible that I'm looking at the wrong stuff.
The fault seems to lie in my PC, not my router or connection specifically. Can certain connection ports be blocked so that I'm unable to play online, but still able to go on Google Chrome ?

If i've not given enough info, please ask further.

Regards