[SOLVED] Internet Issues! Keeps disconnecting hardwired!

Apr 20, 2020
I have been struggling with internet issues on my prebuilt PC for a bout a month now.. I use it for school work and some gaming. However, I have not been able to use it lately due to internet going out for a few seconds to a few minutes. I am directly hard wired through wall jack, (I line in an apartment). Just long enough to kick me out of a game. Thought it was my internet provider so they have came a couple times and assured me it was nothing on their end? I’ve tried different Ethernet cables. My adapter says it is updated to the latest version. Anyone have some suggestion? I’m hopping it’s not within my PC itself.

Last edited:
Solution
When you get general failure many times it means the port is actually down. You should see a red x on the main windows screen on the network icon.

Try IPCONFIG /all when it is doing this.

What does the wall jack connect to. Do you have a router some place in your apartment or is this connecting to some router the ISP has. It can be the wiring in the wall causing this.
Apr 20, 2020
Leave a constant ping run to the router IP.

If you get no loss it generally means the pc and the cabling is fine.

You can then leave a ping run to 8.8.8.8 to see if you are actually getting loss in the network.
Leave a constant ping run to the router IP.

If you get no loss it generally means the pc and the cabling is fine.

You can then leave a ping run to 8.8.8.8 to see if you are actually getting loss in the network.

Ive tried this and the results when goes out are:

General failure
Request timed out
Destination host unreachable
Destination net unreachable

Those are the 4 I have gotten..

When you get general failure many times it means the port is actually down. You should see a red x on the main windows screen on the network icon.

Try IPCONFIG /all when it is doing this.

What does the wall jack connect to. Do you have a router some place in your apartment or is this connecting to some router the ISP has. It can be the wiring in the wall causing this.

Solution