Internet issues one PC only

sam_why

Prominent
May 3, 2017
cLNfCxx.png

Looking at the image above, you can see that my PC gets a lower internet speed than my phone, or any other PC my family own in the house. On bad days the ping can be over 200 for hours.

I done the basics, such as running antivirus, updating drivers and checking if any programs are using an abnormal amount of internet speed. Additionally, my computer doesn't have wireless, so in order to connect to the internet I use a Netgear Powerline 200 and my brother also uses the powerline.

Some more useful information is I use windows 10 and that my network adapter is an Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V. I also used BullGuard internet security, which I believe uses a proxy (according to resource monitor)
0UzeDaJ.png

Last but not least, I used gpedit to check the amount of packets I can receive and etc.

I have looked on other threads and tried multiply methods to fix it but haven't had any luck, so any help is appreciated!

Edit: My internet provider is Virgin media and I use the Virgin media Super Hub 2.0

sam_why

Prominent
May 3, 2017

I don't think I have it installed, unless it comes default on msi motherboards (I have one)
is it downloadable, and if so, is it to free download (is it possible it would help my problem)?

timmoseus

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016
Windows 10 is notorious for being a network hog. I would suggest looking in to shutting off "features" that you do not use. Cortana can be a big drain, as well as smartscreen. There are loads of tutorials for addressing those issues. Just a thought though. It might not fix your particular problem.

sam_why

Prominent
May 3, 2017
UPDATE: I booted my PC with safe mode (Networking) and I am still getting internet issues, so I assume the problem is my (netgear) powerline 200, although my brother and Mum use them without any issues

TRENDING THREADS