Question Internet issues please help

Jun 10, 2019
So I have a custom built gaming rig. Never really had any issues with it up until yesterday. My computer had not been powered off for updates or and updates had been done, but suddenly my Internet is cutting up and down. For example I used War Thunder as my test platform because it shows ping. My ping would jump from 60 to 999 and the player lag percentage is normally 0% and my ping is normally 48 ping for that game. I would hit 60% player lag and spike from 70 ping to 999 ping. And my WiFi in taskmanager reflected this a long with it never going above 100kbps. When i run an Internet speed test it also has fluctuations but hits 90mbps speeds and that shows in task manager also. My speeds are slower in game, and my Internet speed fluctuates, so I didnt really know where to exactly post this. I just got a new WiFi adapter with up to date software and same issue follows. This issue is only happening to my desktop so it leads me to think it has to be some sort of software issue. If anyone can help or knows what is happening please help. Thanks!

Reboot the router and modem, check for router firmware updates. Try to use a different WiFi band (2.4 ghz/5ghz), try to manually set the WiFi channel. Install a tool to check the WiFi signals and interference, if you have a smartphone there are plenty of apps that do that, I use inSSIDer on my laptops to do this. On my phone I have the Netgear program.