[SOLVED] Internet keeps cutting out on one computer.

Feb 10, 2019
I've owned my computer for about a year now. It's still is in near perfect condition from when I've got it. I've tried many solutions to running a full PC virus scan to completely hard resetting my PC.
Hard resetting my router. It cuts out while watching Youtube as well. Only when I play games with my friends.

It seems to cut out every 1 1/2 hours up to 3 hours. I mainly use my PC for gaming and talking with discord. Any Help would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

EDIT: The internet doesn't disconnect it shows that it is connected.

EDIT2: Updated my drivers to the newest version still cuts.

Solution
Personally I have seen this happen with a wifi adapter. Disconnecting regularly after a while and had to reboot then it worked. It was a known issue with the cards with no fix. I would try swapping ethernet ports if you have another one, or another adapter and if that doesnt work swapping the cable might also help.

You can also get a second PC (e.g. a laptop) to connect to the same spot and see if it happens to eliminate things.
Feb 10, 2019

No it isn't going through a VPN.Service provider is Shaw. I'm certain its not Shaw because its only effecting my own computer no other device but mine.

gaborbarla

Distinguished
Personally I have seen this happen with a wifi adapter. Disconnecting regularly after a while and had to reboot then it worked. It was a known issue with the cards with no fix. I would try swapping ethernet ports if you have another one, or another adapter and if that doesnt work swapping the cable might also help.

You can also get a second PC (e.g. a laptop) to connect to the same spot and see if it happens to eliminate things.

Solution