[SOLVED] Internet keeps cutting out randomly

tummmy567

Reputable
Jul 14, 2017
About a month ago in games (specifically csgo) I would get random lag spikes, which was weird considering I have ethernet and no one else in my house experiences this lag. Just a couple of days ago I factory reset my pc to help boost performance and hopefully fix this issue, however the issue has only gotten worse. Now I still get these very small lag spikes and my internet at random times throughout the day will just keep cutting out continuously for a couple of seconds and turn back on. No one else in the house is experiencing this either, they haven't had any issues at all. All the drivers are up to date. When I run the windows troubleshoot, it says something about having an invalid ip configuration.

Last edited:
Solution
What is the make and model? If a custom build, what are the specs?

Without digging further it should be considered that the network chip in your pc is having issues. If it is a hardware fault it can be replaced. If it's a wireless card it is just a matter of replacing it. An integrated wired network chip can be disabled and superseded by an add on card or dingle as well
What is the make and model? If a custom build, what are the specs?

Without digging further it should be considered that the network chip in your pc is having issues. If it is a hardware fault it can be replaced. If it's a wireless card it is just a matter of replacing it. An integrated wired network chip can be disabled and superseded by an add on card or dingle as well

Solution