Question INTERNET KEEPS DISCONNECTING EVERY FEW SECONDS

Nuplar

Honorable
Mar 26, 2019
I am plugged in with ethernet and my little logo at the bottom right of my computer screen keeps switcing from the plugged in ethernet logo to to circle globe logo. Circle globe logo meaning that it has no internet access and the plugged in ethernet meaning there is internet. When ever they switch it wil say no internet access to identifying network access.
This is really starting to bother me because of the constant disconnects from my internet and games. I can be watching youtube and it have the little dinosaur come up saying no internet. ITS VERY ANNOYING. any help is appreciatied

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Ensure that only one network adapter (either wired or wireless) is enabled.

Make and model router?

Is the problem only on your computer? What about other network computers: any wired or wireless disconnects?

Swap in a known working (at speed) ethernet cable between your computer and the router.

Disable IPv6.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that are captured just before or at the time of the disconnects.

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt. Copy and Paste the results. Post here.

Nuplar

Honorable
Mar 26, 2019
I updated my signature with my specs. I am using Windows 11.

I made sure there was only 1 ethernet adapter enabled.

My router is a random one I got from my ISP.

The problem seems to only happen on my computer. Other laptops in my household dont seem to have the issue.

I am thinking about getting a new ethernet cable. My cable is a CAT5e.

What does disabling IPV6 do?

I'll get to the others.

I have been having ping issues on some games for a while as well. I get a mixutre of differnet ping results on Rocket League with my friend. We both live in the same area and will both be lagging one game or not the others. Some games he will have good ping and ill be the one with the bad ping [vice versa]. I was starting to think that it could be the ISP if we were both lagging, but as I said its only some games we are both lagging. Some days its fine to play the game and we are both good.