[SOLVED] Internet keeps lagging and downloads keep stopping

Jun 6, 2021
So this problem started 1 month ago. My laptop stopped being able to use wireless internet connections and I got an adapter. This was almost 1 year ago. Now I share an adapter with my brother. Youtube works ok, websites are fine but downloads suffer.
I tried downloading from Opera, Edge and chrome but all have "Internet errors". The download pauses and I have to press resume again and again! It's the same thing on my mum's laptop.... I've been telling my dad to upgrade, but he won't budge... What do I do?

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Share as in, you plug the adapter out of the USB port and hand it to him and vice versa when you or him need it at any one time? If so, can you please parse the make and model of your wireless dongle? Make and model of your laptop that's exhibiting the issue, an SKU will help us two fold. Use CPU-Z to find out what BIOS version you're currently on and then cross reference your laptop's support site to see if you have any BIOS updates pending. As for your networking drivers, you can try and uninstall your wireless adapter's drivers and reinstall the latest drivers for your adapter in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lastly, what is the make and model of your wireless...

Lutfij

Titan

Share as in, you plug the adapter out of the USB port and hand it to him and vice versa when you or him need it at any one time? If so, can you please parse the make and model of your wireless dongle? Make and model of your laptop that's exhibiting the issue, an SKU will help us two fold. Use CPU-Z to find out what BIOS version you're currently on and then cross reference your laptop's support site to see if you have any BIOS updates pending. As for your networking drivers, you can try and uninstall your wireless adapter's drivers and reinstall the latest drivers for your adapter in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lastly, what is the make and model of your wireless router? You will need to see if the router is pending any firmware updates, provided it's off the shelf and not from your ISP(bespoke to the ISP).

Solution
Jun 6, 2021

Lastly, what is the make and model of your wireless router? You will need to see if the router is pending any firmware updates, provided it's off the shelf and not from your ISP(bespoke to the ISP).

It's an LB-Link Long Range Wireless N Model: BL-WN150AH

We plug and unplug it

I have a Dell
Inspiron 3542

My internet carrier is STC

And my drivers are up to date

Last edited: