Question Internet kinda goes down when i do certain things

mkolsen

Honorable
Sep 5, 2017
Hi guys

I have had this issue for quite a while..

Whenever I do certain things, like search for servers in a game called Rust, my internet kind of goes down. As in I cannot open a new browser, start a new call on discord, or generally do anything, except continue whatever I was doing before searching for servers, so if I had a call going on discord whilst searching, i can still talk and send messages.... :(

Does anyone know what this might be and is this issue a router or computer issue? :)

Ralston18

Titan
Could be a number of things; more information is needed.

Update your post to include full hardware/system specs and OS.

How many devices (wired and wireless) are on your network? Make and model router?

Who manages the network's router? I.e., the person with administrative rights to configure and control the router.

Windows 10 captures system information regarding error codes, warnings, and even information events in Reliability History/Manager. Event Viewer much does the same - not as easy to use. Either tool may be capturing some problem(s) that are occurring.

The router's logs (if available and enabled) may be likewise capturing such information. Administrative rights to the router are needed to view the logs.

mkolsen

Honorable
Sep 5, 2017
Intel I7 7700K
16GB DDR4 2800mhz RAM
GTX 1080 ASUS STRIX
Z270 motherboard ASUS

Internet connection 500/500mbit
2-4 people on it
Our internet provides normal fiber router, I dont know the name (Will return with it)
We have dont been granted access to the routers admin panel and if we want change, we have to call them.