Question Internet lagging extremely bad but only when I play Apex Legends

Mar 29, 2020
I recently upgraded my PC to a much stronger rig, also upgrading our router and WiFi speeds from 100 Mb/s to 1000 Mb/s. However, when I play Apex Legends and start a game, a few seconds into the game up until about 5 minutes in, the internet connection on my PC becomes extremely slow and sporadic, causing all of my applications to lag or disconnect until I either leave the game or wait ~5 minutes. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Last edited:

close.css

Reputable
Oct 6, 2017
causing all of your applications to lag? you mean slowing/freezing the PC or only internet lag?
this happens only when playing Apex legends? when the internet is slow, check your phone to see if the internet is slow on the phone or not.

Mar 29, 2020
causing all of your applications to lag? you mean slowing/freezing the PC or only internet lag?
this happens only when playing Apex legends? when the internet is slow, check your phone to see if the internet is slow on the phone or not.

Internet lag, no fram drops or slowing of any applications in terms of screen tearing or fps. My phone slows down as well.