[SOLVED] Internet not showing full server list in any game that provides server lists

Sep 7, 2019
Hi :) I'm very new to networking and honestly I've had to dive in out of desperation and sometimes to the deep end just for answers but I lack the technical know-how to know what I'm doing or what I should be doing

So to start from the beginning:
A while back I bought the game called Squad and was unfortunately not able to find suitable servers that are nearby, (mostly Russian or Chinese) eventually I got around this issue by testing if a VPN would fix this issue, and it did! it showed the entire server list, I would then turn off the VPN and hop onto the server.

I thought this issue was just for Squad but it turns out that this issue most likely exists for any game that has a server list, as I recently bought DayZ and the same issue has shown up, I have no clue what to do but from the online searching I've done it seems like I could surpass this by adding the game to a special applications list, but I'm not sure what to put in the fields such as trigger ports, open ports, or whether to choose TCP or UDP or even both, or maybe I'm wrong and this whole issue is very known and could be on the ISP's side :/

I recently moved from the US to Saudi Arabia and my ISP is STC
the internet here is pretty strange in comparison to the US, since most of the city doesn't have fiber lines and is just now getting around to doing that, so my apartment is locked out for the time being, so I've resorted to doing what most of the country does which is getting a dedicated 4G+ internet SIM card and inserting it in a Huawei B525 4G LTE Wireless Router, which then I run an Ethernet cable from my PC to the router.

I hope I've provided enough info and if there is anything else I forgot to add or is unclear, please let me know

Solution
when you say reinstall the software what do you mean?
They will install fresh software onto your Router which changes the IP completely rather than Factory default which resets the IP within the same software. It is mainly to eliminate errors as the fault could possibly be in the software, hence best course of action would be to install fresh software.

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
Hello!
I have had some issues related to servers not showing up and other connection troubles from STC Company.
Contact your ISP technician support and make sure they re-install the Software instead of doing Factory Default.

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
when you say reinstall the software what do you mean?
They will install fresh software onto your Router which changes the IP completely rather than Factory default which resets the IP within the same software. It is mainly to eliminate errors as the fault could possibly be in the software, hence best course of action would be to install fresh software.

Solution
Sep 7, 2019

but the router is not from STC? or does that not matter? and when I do call what do i ask for?

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
but the router is not from STC? or does that not matter? and when I do call what do i ask for?
It doesn't matter. both share the same IP address which is 192.168.1.1 by default . You can either try to fix it manually by accessing the site or contact them to do so - Let them know you have connection issues. In some cases it might not get fixed over a reset until you ask them to change the software completely.