juniorwinds69

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Hi i tried downloading something for my computer at the time, and it ended up giving me some viruses, which duplicated itself. But now i got rid of the problem but now my main issue is that i cant connect to the internet I have tried the ipconfig and also tried reinstalling the drivers for my network card. So please help me out here

IGotTheMondays

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2006
Hi i tried downloading something for my computer at the time, and it ended up giving me some viruses, which duplicated itself. But now i got rid of the problem but now my main issue is that i cant connect to the internet I have tried the ipconfig and also tried reinstalling the drivers for my network card. So please help me out here

Are you getting any errors or anything strange networking wise? As in, are you only getting limited or no connectivity or does it say you are connected when you are actually not. Also, what browsers have you tried to access the internet with? One last thing, can you use instant messaging programs (to get online)

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Have you tried recycling your modem and router if you're your using one? If your not familiar with this: Turn off your computer and unplug your modem and router. Wait about 3 to 5 minutes then plug in your modem. Wait another few minutes and plug in your router. Wait again and then start you computer(s). Basically it resets all the addresses and seems to work most of the time.