Question Internet not working on WiFi but the ping is okay ?

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
hi
I am using
TP-Link Archer c20 as an extender. my main router is TP-Link 9960 .
problem is , any time i am away from my router, and get connected to C20 on my pc or laptop, most of the time , internet is not working although i can ping 8.8.8.8 on CMD . its kinda strange because my phone is working fine.
those two windows pc , can open my extender web interface. also i tried to change the DNS on windows itself , no luck.
strange thing is that this problem can go away by itself any time and come back anytime as well...
also if i disable DHCP on extender, it wont work at all (even on my phone) so i have to leave it enable so i dont know its relevant or not

Last edited:
update the firmware of both
extender might not have a good signal to the router, to check set the extender next to the router and try connecting the the c20

be sure the C20 is set to Range Extender Mode and not Router Mode nor Access Point Mode

I´m not into tp link, would get something else like ASUS or AVM

Reactions: .valkyrie.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
update the firmware of both
extender might not have a good signal to the router, to check set the extender next to the router and try connecting the the c20

be sure the C20 is set to Range Extender Mode and not Router Mode nor Access Point Mode

I´m not into tp link, would get something else like ASUS or AVM

yes its on R.E mod and signal is around 70% for c20. any thing more is ganna make the concept of R.E useless
also F.W is on latest version. you see , if its a range problem, shouldn't it be ping problem as well?

p.s never had any good experience with asus router and network stuff.... and never heard of avm .