[SOLVED] Internet not working properly

xwickedywacko

Reputable
Mar 15, 2016
Hello, I would love some help from all you smart people because this is making it hard for me to get work done on my desktop. I recently moved apartments and normally I like to be hardwired but I have had to use wifi at my new place (for now anyways). I wasn't having any issues at first but randomly all at once, the internet issues on my desktop arose. I am on my laptop now which is not having this problem but essentially random programs on my desktop are able to use the internet while others are failing to do so. For the programs not working, task manager or resource manager show that no bandwidth or internet is being supplied to them where as some programs are acting normally.

As an example Chrome cannot load anything, but Firefox can load things with no problem and resource monitor confirms that. When I do a Speedtest on Firefox they are normal network speeds. Another example is that Steam cannot load anything, while Spotify loads things with no issues. I cannot figure it out. The only recent thing/change I can think of about my computer is a windows update which I know can suck sometimes. I have reinstalled my network adapter driver. I tried setting my DNS to googles with no improvement or detrement. I checked my firewalls and they are normal.

I honestly can't really figure out which programs are working/not working, it is seemingly random. Some programs can check for updates and run them, while others cannot. On Chrome, anything I search for gives me an error of "Your connection was interrupted. A network change was detected. ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED". Like I said, Firefox works flawlessly. Spotify and discord work fine, steam is full of errors. I am struggling to find an indication as to what could be causing the issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My Specs:
Asus Maximus VIII Formula
i7 6700k w/360 AIO
16GB G Skill Trident Z
MSI GTX 980ti
EVGA 650GS Power Supply
870 EVO 250GB SSD holds OS

Windows 10 Pro Version 1903, recent update (KB4561600)

Last edited:
Solution
Key is to identify some system conditions or parameter that correlates with the internet failures.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the described download problems.

Reliability History is much more user friendly so start there. Remember you can right click on any given entry for more information.

If one app is unable to download due to some failure there should be (hopefully) some notification in the logs.

How full is that Evo 250 GB SSD?

Also run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt and post the results.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS. What version of Windows 10 is installed?

Did the problem just start all at once?

What other specific programs succeed in using the internet and which programs fail?

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor (just one at a time) to observe system performance: first with programs that are successfully using the internet and then with programs that are unable to use the internet.

You may be able to identify some difference in the system that corresponds with the "failures".

Reactions: xwickedywacko

Ralston18

Titan
Key is to identify some system conditions or parameter that correlates with the internet failures.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the described download problems.

Reliability History is much more user friendly so start there. Remember you can right click on any given entry for more information.

If one app is unable to download due to some failure there should be (hopefully) some notification in the logs.

How full is that Evo 250 GB SSD?

Also run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt and post the results.

Solution