Internet not working when I connect my new router to modem

Jul 24, 2018
Hello,
so I bought a new router (Asus-AC68U) and I have a Wi-Fi modem Cisco EPC 3925. So I connected them correctly, turned off the Wi-Fi on my modem and it worked for a couple of hours and then it stopped. Tried restarting everything and it was the same and I don't know wahat to do anymore...

Solution
when your modem doesn't have DHCP active, your router doesn't have a valid IP config.

so you gotta tell your router who it is and how to connect to the internet.
so for your router, your modem would be the gateway. and it needs an IP address within the modem's IP range.
same for your PC
What's the address of your modem?
What's the address of your router?
Does the router set up it's own network?
Does your computer receive an IP address?
Can you ping the modem from your computer?
Are you connected to the router?
Are you using a dynamic or a static IP setup?
How's the router connected to your modem?

Jul 24, 2018

When the DHCP server on your modem is deactivated, you need to set up your router manually. Then, if DHCP on your router is deactivated you need to set up the network on each device you want to connect with the router.

So the router should be set up to for example the 192.168.0.2, using the 192.168.0.1 as gateway
Once your router can connect to the internet with your router, you just have to connect the computer

when your modem doesn't have DHCP active, your router doesn't have a valid IP config.

so you gotta tell your router who it is and how to connect to the internet.
so for your router, your modem would be the gateway. and it needs an IP address within the modem's IP range.
same for your PC

Solution