Internet on PC Shuts down after it has been on for a while.

Skizoh

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
Hello, so my internet turns off after my pc has been on for about 5 hours, when i restart my pc it works again, this happends all the time, nothing works execpt Youtube for some strange reason cant remember what it says when i try to access a website but i will update when it happends again. This has been going on for a long time and i cant stand it for another minute. So please help a brother out.

Solution
check the power profile for your system, dig into the advanced profile where you can modify various components of your system. Be sure your NIC is powered up, fully, always.

Dave09

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
This use to happen to me in a much shorter period of time. The only thing that fixed it for me was completely removing and reinstalling my internet drivers.

newbcakes

Honorable
May 21, 2012
check the power profile for your system, dig into the advanced profile where you can modify various components of your system. Be sure your NIC is powered up, fully, always.

Solution

Skizoh

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017

How do i access that to turn that on?

newbcakes

Honorable
May 21, 2012

power profile is in the control panel. I'm not sure of your Windows version, so it'd be best to google it.