Internet only bad for my PC!

Oct 1, 2018
So I've been having this issue for a long time now. Ever since I built my computer I have noticed something weird and annoying, my internet is ALWAYS faster on other devices than my PC. I used to live in England and I used to use WiFi for my laptop, PC and Xbox, and it was significantly faster on my Xbox and laptop compared to my PC. A couple of months ago I had to move back to Iraq and the same issue occured here. I stayed at one house for a couple months and the WiFi was... again... significantly faster for the laptop and Xbox, I searched it up and found many people talking about something called AMD quickstream or something and I thought that could be the problem since I do have an AMD CPU but that wasn't the issue. Now I've been at another house for a week and a half, in a different city, with different providers, fibre AND im using ethernet for my PC while my laptop and Xbox are still using the WiFi and they STILL get higher speeds.

I was sitting playing games and saw that my brothers were getting 100 mb/s down on the Xbox while I get less than 1 mb/s on the PC (Keep in mind i literally use ethernet while the Xbox uses WiFi) and yes i tried the wifi on my pc and its the same, shitty results on pc, good elsewhere

These are my PC specs in case anyone's interested:

AMD Ryzen 1600

16 GB Ram

Zotac GTX 1060 6gb

600w EVGA PSU

Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 AM4 Motherboard

I would appreciate any tips or answers because this is been getting on my nerves for almost a year now.

Thank you

1. Try updating NIC drivers
2. Try downloading Glasswire to see if any programs are eating up your bandwidth from that PC
3. Test PC Ethernet cables
4. Tests switch port that your PC is connected too
5. Last case, try to purchase a 3rd party Intel NIC.

Oct 1, 2018

I have done all of those, to remind you, i do not use WiFi I use ethernet

Yea either way, the above applies.

What happens when you put it in DHCP mode? Open CMD and run IPCONFIG /ALL and report back results.

Oct 1, 2018

well i can tell you right now that DCHP is enabled after trying that CMD thing

Oct 1, 2018

well i can tell you right now that DCHP is enabled after trying that CMD thing

Can you post a screenshot?

There is no security risk here. It will not show your public IP. It will only display the local LAN address of the device. I'm specifically looking for dhcp server listing and default gateway etc...

What is your DHCP source?

Oct 1, 2018

screenshot of what