Internet Only Working On Discord.

Slimer213

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
So recently, about every couple days I've noticed, my phone's wifi will go out, and I'll check my computer to see if it's out too, so I checked and saw that I was still in discord, and it must be a problem with my phone, however I then notice when I tried to look something up that I couldn't. And the only thing I've noticed that was working was discord. The only way to fix this is by restarting my router, however this solution is never permanent, and the problem will usually come back after a day or two.

Kind of sounds like a DNS caching issue with the router. Since you are already connected to discord, a lookup is not required.

Some questions and some tests:
When the WiFi goes out on your phone, what happens? Do the WiFi bars go away or is just that you can't connect to anything?
When this happens, what happens if you put in a website IP address rather than a name. Example, instead of putting in google.com, put in 172.217.12.78 ... does this work?
If you pull up a command prompt and do "ipconfig /all" then it should list your DNS servers. Is one of addresses listed your router (if not, then it blows my theory out of the water)?

Slimer213

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016

When my phone goes out, I can't tell until I try to connect to something, the bars will still be there and it shows that I'm still connected to wifi. Next time this happens I will try and search the direct ip. When I look at all of my DNS servers, there are 2, one of them being my router.