Question Internet & Phone Connection Dropping Randomly for about 5 Minutes and Getting Worse

Blue Bulldog

Reputable
Apr 14, 2016
I have Charter Spectrum cable internet with phone and TV. Starting a few weeks ago, I noticed the internet and phone would randomly drop and after about 5 minutes would reconnect. Over the past few days, it's been happening more and more and disconnected 2 or 3 times just yesterday that I was aware of. I have an Arris modem provided by Charter Spectrum and it connects through a Linksys WRT1900 AC router. I have wireless laptops in my house but my main gaming desktop PC is connected through an ethernet cable that runs to my Linksys router (which my router is connected to the Spectrum Arris modem). When the disconnection happens, neither our phones or internet works but our TV is fine and after about 5 minutes, it reconnects again. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be the problem? Thanks in advance!

Here are the screenshots of the data from 10.0.0.1: View: https://imgur.com/a/lk77X4B

either a problem with the router or the signal coming from the isp. I'd call support and have them see if they can see any issues on their end. Could just be the modem starting to fail. I know that my modem will get updates sometimes from our ISP, and it will disconnect during the update and reboot, but that usually only happens at night - at about 3am.