Question Internet problem (Unidentified Network)

Jul 22, 2022
Hello everyone,

First, sorry for my English.

Second, my problem: Last weekend I was playing normally on my PC until the internet connection (Ethernet) dropped, at first I thought it was my ISP since I had a couple of drops during the week, but then I noticed that my portable devices were connected (WIFI) so I restarted the router but it didn't work, I tried the cable on my laptop and it works fine (anyway I tried another one on my PC and it didn't work either), I tried the other ethernet slot which bring the board and it didn't work either (main card: Realtek PCIe 2.5GbE... Secondary: Intel I211 Gigabit), I reinstalled the drivers of all the cards and nothing (I tried with the Windows ones, the ones provided by Asus on the board's website and those provided by each manufacturer on their website [with this I also lost access to the PC's WIFI card since now it appears in the system with code 10]), I removed the battery from the board, cleaned CMOS, verified that the cards were active in BIOS and nothing... The only different results I had was when I started to try with other OS, I tried with a Live CD of W10 without success, I made a new partition installing cleanly W11 and neither, that's when it occurred to me to install Ubuntu 20.04 in another partition and the network worked in the main one (Intel there was no case, perhaps due to driver issues since I don't handle Linux systems), but with the passing of days the connection became unstable and I have to intervene manually to make it work.

I don't know what else to do, in Windows it always stays as Unidentified Network and the IP stays at 164.254.x.x, and if I enter the data manually the troubleshooter says that the gateway is not available.

Thanks for any help you give me.

PC Specs:
SO: W10 (21H1)
MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
PSU: Seasonic Prime TX-850w

Network Cards:
Realtek PCIe 2.5 GbE (Ethernet)
Intel I211 Gigabit (Ethernet)
Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz (WIFI)

Ralston18

Titan
Are both the wired network adapter and the wireless network adapter enabled at the same time.

Only one network adapter either wired or wireless should be enabled. You listed three cards, only one card should be enabled.

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the command prompt.

Post the results.

You should be able to copy and paste the information without needing to retype everything.

Jul 22, 2022
No, they are disabled.

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DESKTOP-J4RDLLF
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe 2.5GbE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : F0-2F-74-D5-3B-17
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv4 Address . . . . . . . . . . : 169.254.124.34 (Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
NetBIOS over Tcpip . . . . . . . : Enabled