Internet problems, please help!

Nemozzz

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Hi!
So I have recently been experiencing some difficulties with my Sky internet which I could really do with solving however I have no idea what to do. Basically, when someone is downloading something in the house (doesn't matter what it is, what room they are in or what device they are downloading onto), they internet will cut out for everybody else in the house. Skype will go offline, web pages wont load and nobody can do anything (oh and it will still say that I have 5 bars of internet on my PC which is weird). Its like a first come first serve sorta thing.

So following on from this, me and some of my friends like playing a game called Cube World and previously I have been able to host the server just fine with everybody having no lag (myself included) and I used to actually be able to be on skype and host this server at the same time. Well not anymore. For some reason, I can no longer use anything internet related while hosting this server. It never used to do this a couple of months ago and we haven't changed anything in particular. I'm using a sky SR101 modem which has been brilliant in the past but now we are considering moving to virgin or something because this is so bad.

Thirdly, when I play something such as Overwatch or Dota 2, I will randomly get some lag spikes now and again which isn't too bad but I have also been experiencing input lag on both of them which made them pretty much unplayable.

Thanks for all of your help in advance,
Nemozzz.

Hi

You need to read the user guide or manual for your Sky router
It probably needs to be reset to defaults
(make sure you have your internet account details available as they may be cleared by the reset)

before that look at quality of service settings as it seems to be prioritising downloads over every thing else

Sky may have a FAQ or provide technical support to talk you through fixing the problem
their support staff maybe able to log onto your router modem remotely to reset QOS

regards

Mike Barnes

Nemozzz

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Hi I have already tried resetting the router and it didn't change anything. I have no idea how to access the quality of service settings however so do you reckon you could tell me how to find them?
Thanks!