[SOLVED] Internet Problems

Mar 14, 2020
My computer for the past year or so has been having an issue with its internet, at random Intervals it disconnects for EXACTLY 15 Secconds then reconnects, Sometimes it is closer together but the Downtime is always exactly 15 secconds, My brother moved out so Im not connected through a splitter anymore and Im directly plugged in, Yet no-one else in my house has this issue. Is it a problem with my ethernet cable (Which is fairly new) or my computer itself? I have no viruses either which confused me even more as to why this is happening.

Solution
No harm in trying another known working ethernet cable.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Reliability History is much more user friendly and a good starting point to look.

Either log may be capturing some error code, warning, or even an informational event that corresponds with the 15 second disconnects.

You can likewise use Task Manager or Resource Monitor (one at a time) to observe system performance and discover some app, process, or service that may be involved.

Task Scheduler is another place to look but is, like Event Viewer, cumbersome to work with and understand.

Right clicking error entries can provide more details about what has been or is happening.

Key is to not immediately react to anything you...

Ralston18

Titan
No harm in trying another known working ethernet cable.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Reliability History is much more user friendly and a good starting point to look.

Either log may be capturing some error code, warning, or even an informational event that corresponds with the 15 second disconnects.

You can likewise use Task Manager or Resource Monitor (one at a time) to observe system performance and discover some app, process, or service that may be involved.

Task Scheduler is another place to look but is, like Event Viewer, cumbersome to work with and understand.

Right clicking error entries can provide more details about what has been or is happening.

Key is to not immediately react to anything you discover. Research and post accordingly before doing anything.

Make and model router? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may likewise be capturing some related error codes.

Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.

Solution