[SOLVED] Internet Providers with multiple phone numbers?

tommyW123

Commendable
Jan 28, 2020
So I was recently looking online at a few Internet Service Providers. I noticed there are multiple different numbers for each one on many different google searches such as, ISPs around me, ISPs in your area, then the main sites of course. Why would they have different numbers? Should I only trust the main site numbers or are they all just linking to the same place? Should I be wary of the foreigners on the other line? I tried calling Earthlink's main site number and there was something so loud in the background that I had to take my ear away from the phone. I pulled the phone back up and asked wtf was that? The guy acted as if it never happened... lol? I also asked him about the other numbers I saw online and he said he doesn't know anything about those numbers... I'm just curious because alot of the stuff seems really shady.

Yes, there are shady companies that try to act like the isp and resell you a plan from the isp. Only go to the isp main site--even if you dial a support number there, they can transfer you or give you the correct number to call and there can be several, but they're legit coming from the company.