[SOLVED] Internet Randomly Cuts Out, Possible Major Packet Loss

Jan 23, 2016
So, we had ISP A for a long while, and I had problems with it cutting out randomly for 4-10 seconds whilst playing games and whatnot, causing me loads of problems. We eventually swapped over to ISP B, only to also have loads of problems, but of a different nature, where it would just go out entirely during certain times, or just stop working, so we just swapped back to ISP A and our old router. I once again am having the issues where the internet will just randomly cut out briefly whilst I'm in the middle of things, looking as if I'm getting major packet loss when it happens, any ideas why? It mostly seems to happen once again during certain times.

Last edited:
Solution
The best you can do from your end with your system, is to make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard, that you're on the latest OS version(1903 at the time of writing), that your drivers for your networking adapters(wired and wireless) are up to date and that the firmware on your router is also to the latest version.

Speaking of which, what is the make and model of your router? Include the make and model of your motherboard and/or the networking adapter.

Lutfij

Titan
The best you can do from your end with your system, is to make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard, that you're on the latest OS version(1903 at the time of writing), that your drivers for your networking adapters(wired and wireless) are up to date and that the firmware on your router is also to the latest version.

Speaking of which, what is the make and model of your router? Include the make and model of your motherboard and/or the networking adapter.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS