[SOLVED] Internet randomly cutting out

Apr 7, 2020
For the last two or three weeks I've been having this issue and just kept hoping that it will just fix itself, though for the last few days I have been trying to fix it a bit. The issue is that randomly my internet upload speed will stop working, then aftera few seconds my download speed stops working as well, I say this because when I'm in a call on discord for example people randomly would be unable to hear me, but then I still hear them for afew seconds, sometimes up to 20 seconds and then my intenernet just stops working overall. This issue happens randomly, the internet sometimes works for only 5 minutes and sometimes even for an hour or two. I use a USB dongle to connect to my wifi and I've been using it for about a year now with no problems and I've tried switching it's port, but that doesn't solve it the issue either. I really need some help with this, especially with online schooling now, so if anyone can help me out, that would be very appreciated.

Solution
What's a linux live cd?
It is a complete os that boots off of a cd or usb key and does not touch the existing os on the hard drive. My favorite is TENS:

And because these are usually run on all sorts of hardware, there's good support for almost anything, so they make a good testing platform for issues like what you are having, so you can boot up the cd, log into discord and see if the problem still exists. If it does, then it is a hardware/network issue. If it is fixed, then the problem is with windows somehow. And then we can proceed from there.
What's a linux live cd?
It is a complete os that boots off of a cd or usb key and does not touch the existing os on the hard drive. My favorite is TENS:

And because these are usually run on all sorts of hardware, there's good support for almost anything, so they make a good testing platform for issues like what you are having, so you can boot up the cd, log into discord and see if the problem still exists. If it does, then it is a hardware/network issue. If it is fixed, then the problem is with windows somehow. And then we can proceed from there.

Solution
Apr 7, 2020

Oh, I understand, I'll maybe try that out soon if the problem persists, however I was testing some things to see where the issue lies and I found that if I connect to my phone acting as a repeater to that same wifi then the issue doesn't happen, so could it be somewhere between my dongle and the wifi that something causes it to cut out?