Internet randomly drops connection for 5-15 seconds, then returns

Jun 23, 2018
For around 2-3 months now, I've been experiencing my internet connection dropping seemingly randomly, up to multiple times a day.

It happens for about 5-15 seconds each time it happens, and it drops the connection for everything on the computer, if I'm on twitch watching a livestream, or on voice communication with friends (Discord, Skype etc) or playing games, the connection will drop for 5-15 seconds, then return like nothing had happend.

I've been in contact with my ISP about this issue for several months and have not been able to find a solution. At first, they monitored my connection and found no sings of any issues with my connections according to them. Then they tried to revert some changes they had made to my connection to see if a past version of the settings would help, it didnt. Then they asked me to try with a new router, which I did, and it changed nothing.

If it has any relevance, my ISP is Hiper (Danish company afaik) and I've been using their internet for over a year without many issues, until 2-3 months ago.

Im desperate to get this solved, so any suggestions will be deeply appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
You didn't mention how you're connected to the internet. Are you using a router(wired/wireless) in between your system and the ISP? If so did you implement the router or was it given to you by your ISP? If you're on a laptop/desktop, make sure you're on the latest drivers for your networking adapter(Ethernet/wireless).

If you implemented the router on your own accord, you may want to see if the firmware needs updating.

Jun 23, 2018

Im using a router which was given to me by my ISP, and I'm using a wired conncetion from my computer to my router (ethernet), and I'm using a desktop PC. I believe I'm on the latest drivers for my networking adapter, I went into device manager and searched for any driver updates for my ethernet connection, and it seemed to be up to date.