Internet running full speed on all devices except for pc

Karl Danek

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014
I recently got a 150 Mbps internet plan with xfinity and on my cell phone (LG G6) and my laptop (Lenovo ideapad flex 4-1580), sitting at my pc desk I can get speeds just under 150 Mbps, but on my pc I am only getting around 11. I've tried just about everything I can think of and other, similar, posts and nothing has helped. I am using the xfinity xFi wireless gateway along with a TC-Link AC900 router. As for my PC, I am on windows 10, using a TP-Link Archer T6E AC1300 PCIe wireless card with the newest drivers, plugged into an MSI B85-G41 motherboard. One thing I notcied was the signal strength on my 5ghz networks showed full bars on my laptop and phone (sitting in the exact same spot) and on my pc it showed only 1. Maybe I just need to move it or something, but even my 2.4ghz network, with full signal strength is incredibly slow. If anybody has any ideas or knows what is wrong, that would be greatly appreciated.

Assuming it's not something more extreme, chances are your PCs position is a big factor in blocking your signal strength. If you won't want to try repositioning everything, I'd suggest just gabbing a couple of these to replace the antenna on the back of your card. That way you can just adjust the antenna for optical position and not disrupt everything else.
https://www.amazon.com/Gadgets-World-FBA_ALFA-ARSN19M-OMNI-Directional-High-Gain/dp/B0039ORBLK/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1542232622&sr=1-9&keywords=wifi+external+antenna