[SOLVED] Internet second long cutouts.

Aug 5, 2019
Hello,
For the past few days I've had problems with my internet. It cuts out for about a second or so every now and again, causing massive lagspikes in League and Overwatch. The frequency of these varies from multiple time a minute to once every half an hour.
I pinged my own router, the isp router as well as google and, while all the ping times look pretty much perfect, theres package loss of 4% over the connection to the isp router. Is this my problem nd so only something my isp can fix?
Also slightly offtopic, I tried to contact my isp over this problem but they can't help me because I dont have the customer number for the internet connection and I wont get it till my roommate comes home from vacation. Could it be usefull to send them the ip of the isp router that's responsible for the problem?
Thanks in advance and I hope I haven't broken ant rules by posting this here.

Solution
You could try factory defaulting it, however make sure the router info is on a sticker on the back of it. Is the customer number on the back of the router? My next step would be to go out to a local store, purchase a another router and see if the temporary replacement resolves the issue.
Aug 5, 2019
Next step(s) is to find out if:
  1. Other devices are having the same problem
  2. If the issue only replicates on wireless, wired or both
The problem is present both on wireless and wired, I tried with another Laptop as well as two smartphones. Interestingly the problems seems to be worse on wireless, with the cutouts lasting quite a bit longer.

Aug 5, 2019
You could try factory defaulting it, however make sure the router info is on a sticker on the back of it. Is the customer number on the back of the router? My next step would be to go out to a local store, purchase a another router and see if the temporary replacement resolves the issue.
Looks like a factory reset fixed it, tried 3 times with a hundred pings each and everything works. Thanks for the quick and thorough replies.

Reactions: SgtScream