[SOLVED] Internet Security for Windows 11 ?

ultrarunner100

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
Hello;
I just installed Windows 11 on the MS Insider Beta channel.
I did a clean install from the most recent (downloaded today) .iso file.
The system is triple-boot with Ubuntu 20.04.3, Windows 10 Pro, and now Windows 11 Pro (beta channel). Each OS is on a separate partition.
Boot is either through Linux Grub (if I want to run Ubuntu) or into Windows Boot Manager.

Now to my question:
I have been using the ESET Internet Security Suite on Windows 10 for several years and have come to trust it.
Now that I have Windows 11 on the system, I'm asking myself whether I need to purchase another ESET license for Windows 11 (I do not believe that ESET will allow a single-computer license to be used on two different OS's, even if it's dual-boot - but I may be wrong).
Or, should I just stick with the built-in Windows Defender on the 11 side?

Thanks for your advice
Ultrarunner

Solution
My suggestion is to stay with Windows Defender/Security on the Windows 11 side.

Windows 11 is still, as I see it, a "work in progress".

No need to immediately introduce another factor or piece of software (i.e., ESET) for the time being. Doing so may just cause or otherwise bring about other Windows 11 issues or problems.

No harm in waiting. Especially if you are careful about downloads, clicking email links, etc..

And as for ESET licensing:

https://www.eset.com/us/home/licensing/

Login and check your License Manager.

It appears to me that another ESET license would be needed for Windows 11.

Just my thoughts on the matter. There may be other ideas and suggestions.

Ralston18

Titan
My suggestion is to stay with Windows Defender/Security on the Windows 11 side.

Windows 11 is still, as I see it, a "work in progress".

No need to immediately introduce another factor or piece of software (i.e., ESET) for the time being. Doing so may just cause or otherwise bring about other Windows 11 issues or problems.

No harm in waiting. Especially if you are careful about downloads, clicking email links, etc..

And as for ESET licensing:

https://www.eset.com/us/home/licensing/

Login and check your License Manager.

It appears to me that another ESET license would be needed for Windows 11.

Just my thoughts on the matter. There may be other ideas and suggestions.

Reactions: ultrarunner100
Solution

ultrarunner100

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
Thanks, guys;
I have another year on my current ESET license for Win 10. I suppose that if ESET runs a special I might add another license for Win 11 at that time.
As for the 'squishy stuff between my ears' - well, that's another thing altogether. I am normally very careful, but the squishy stuff does make mistakes - unlike the computer!