[SOLVED] Internet shows "connected" but nothing is able to access internet

tlongenb

Honorable
Nov 6, 2016
My PC is currently wired via ethernet cable directly into my Comcast cable modem and it is showing up as connected. The network settings say that I am connected to the internet but nothing is connecting to the internet.
I uninstalled Chrome and it won't let me reinstall it now saying that I need to whitelist ChomeUpdate.exe. Now my Microsoft Edge browser won't connect to any web pages and it has the error code INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND.
I have turned off all firewalls, uninstalled Norton, done several hard resets of the modem, and two network resets. Nothing seems to be working. Please help!!

Solution
If you were to perform a traceroute from your windows machine how far does it get?

Press Start > Type in "cmd" to bring up Command Prompt > and then type in "tracert 8.8.8.8" in the terminal how far does it get?

Also, do "ipconfig /all" show configure IP/subnet/default gateway and DNS servers allocated?

Oct 20, 2018
If you were to perform a traceroute from your windows machine how far does it get?

Press Start > Type in "cmd" to bring up Command Prompt > and then type in "tracert 8.8.8.8" in the terminal how far does it get?

Also, do "ipconfig /all" show configure IP/subnet/default gateway and DNS servers allocated?

Solution