Question Internet shuts off randomly, still no solution after years.

Dino Hatemić

Reputable
Dec 10, 2019
Pulling my hair out, I'm done. Tried every solution I could think of. Contacted my ISP, didn't fix. It's even worse, they just slowed my Down from 40mbps to 30mbps and Up from 8mbps to 5mbps. Internet shuts off randomly every single day for the past 5 years. What I've noticed that when it starts to rain and/or thunder, It repeats the shutdown very often (Like, every 5 minutes). Usually everyday in a day it shuts off about 5-10 times and it DRIVES ME NUTS. Everyone loses internet in the house, and have to wait 3 minutes to come back up. I just don't know what to do anymore, I see all the tutorials on YouTube like "THANK YOU" or "Finally fixed", everyone's happy while I spend half a decade to fix it and NOTHING. I'm just tired and want you to throw your solutions at me, there's nothing more left for me to do unless I change my ISP to a different one.

Dino Hatemić

Reputable
Dec 10, 2019
Looks like your ISP is the problem and changing is your only solution (assuming you have other ISPs available in your area).

Do your neighbors have the same issues?
I don't know if the neighbours have issues. So far I know that only I have issues. Tired of playing with friends and my internet cuts off, so I have to explain everytime.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Ask your neighbors to see if they too suffer from these issues. This will help you determine if this is an isolated (your home) or widespread issue. If widespread, that is definitely the ISP.

If only you, we can troubleshoot what the issue might be. I assume over the years, you have swapped modems/routers and have had the technicians come to your home to check things out.

Dino Hatemić

Reputable
Dec 10, 2019
Ask your neighbors to see if they too suffer from these issues. This will help you determine if this is an isolated (your home) or widespread issue. If widespread, that is definitely the ISP.

If only you, we can troubleshoot what the issue might be. I assume over the years, you have swapped modems/routers and have had the technicians come to your home to check things out.
Yes, a technician came with a device for readings and came to the conclusion to slow down the internet speed to reduce interference. The problem still persists to this day. If I find no other solutions, I will change my ISP. Hope the problem STILL won't persist.