[SOLVED] Internet slow after new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessew1089

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015
Hey guys, I’m at a loss for what’s going on with my new build. So I just upgraded the guts of my pc and did a fresh install of windows. For whatever reason, my internet is slow to the point that it’s basically broken. I wasn’t able to use it for really anything. Couldn’t download drivers because the webpage wouldn’t load, couldn’t access my gmail, YouTube, Netflix, and twitch wouldn’t buffer movies, etc. Nothing is working, but the weird part is when I run speed tests, I’m getting what I should be for download and upload. I’ve been fighting with it for over 24 hours and I’m at a loss. Figured I’d throw up a post and see if anyone knows why it’s acting like this. I have updated my bios firmware and updated all of my drivers. I also reset my internet which briefly fixed the problem but it came back within minutes. Issue still persists. I also ran NetAdapter Repair All In One tool, to no avail. Other computers in the house run normal. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rig:
Mobo-Msi Z690 edge Wi-Fi ddr4
CPU-12900k
GPU-3080ti
Ram-corsair dominator, 32gb
Windows 10

Lutfij

Titan
Couldn’t download drivers
you're advised to source your drivers off of manufacturers support site using a donor system or even your older platform prior to any upgrades, have them stored onto a pen drive or a removable storage device and then migrate the files onto the new build after installing the OS. Speaking of OS, where did you source the installer for your OS? As stated in prior threads where, it's fruitful for the community to learn of your BIOS version as opposed to stating that you're on the latest.

Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

So that is kinda a new board so who knows what bugs still exist.

2 fairly common trouble makers on your board. It has 2.5g ports. These have a history of bad drivers. Get the very newest ones from intel, I have not looked but if the drivers are really new you might try one previous.

The other one is your motherboard is have garbage "gamer" network bloatware. I would try to unload that software if you can.

Jessew1089

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015
Thanks for the replies guys. I ended up fixing the issue by installing a network card. Still have no idea what caused the original issue.

Couldn’t download drivers
you're advised to source your drivers off of manufacturers support site using a donor system or even your older platform prior to any upgrades, have them stored onto a pen drive or a removable storage device and then migrate the files onto the new build after installing the OS. Speaking of OS, where did you source the installer for your OS? As stated in prior threads where, it's fruitful for the community to learn of your BIOS version as opposed to stating that you're on the latest.

Make and model of your PSU and it's age?
All drivers came from the msi and intel websites. I did use a usb to get the drivers, i should have mentioned that. The OS installer was downloaded from microsoft onto a usb. Bios version is 7D31v14 . PSU is an EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2.

So that is kinda a new board so who knows what bugs still exist.

2 fairly common trouble makers on your board. It has 2.5g ports. These have a history of bad drivers. Get the very newest ones from intel, I have not looked but if the drivers are really new you might try one previous.

The other one is your motherboard is have garbage "gamer" network bloatware. I would try to unload that software if you can.
I will definitely be removing as much extra bs as I can. The only thing that still troubles me is this issue also occurred on the previous build about 2 months ago which was also fixed by a network card. Very strange

For those who come across this, this is the exact card i used that fixed the problem. https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-1000...=network+card+pcie&qid=1654374076&sr=8-3&th=1

Status
Not open for further replies.