Question Internet slower than expected on both ethernet adapters on same PC

dreisner2222

Commendable
Aug 19, 2017
A couple weeks ago my internet speed was upgraded to 200mbps (but that means about 240) so I wanted to see if my PC would get that new speed. Upon doing a speedtest over ethernet, it only got about 150 down. This is on the motherboard realtek ethernet adapter. I then did another speedtest on my TP-Link PCIe gigabit ethernet card and got about the same speed. I unplugged the ethernet from my PC and plugged it into a laptop. After doing a speedtest on that laptop, I got the expected 240-250mbps. I have updated the network drivers on both the motherboard and PCIe. So what is going on with my PC? I find it hard to believe that both the motherboard ethernet and the PCIe ethernet are both malfunctioning. Thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
Mind sharing the specs to your system? Also the SKU and model for your laptop? Are they both running the same OS and the same OS version(if Windows 10)?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the networking drivers for both the device manually?

dreisner2222

Commendable
Aug 19, 2017
Mind sharing the specs to your system? Also the SKU and model for your laptop? Are they both running the same OS and the same OS version(if Windows 10)?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the networking drivers for both the device manually?
I have an i5-4690k, MSI Z97 PC Mate Motherboard, 8GB DDR3 ram, GTX 970, 480GB SSD, and a 600W power supply. The laptop is an Acer ES1-511 series. They are both running Windows 10 Home. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers now.