[SOLVED] Internet sorry its a little long

Apr 30, 2019
Ok since I've moved to the new place I've had internet nightmares. I have spectrum internet and I'm using the modem and router they give you. It's the same speed (400mbs) and equipment I had with 3 other guys and had no issues at that place. My guess it's a bandwidth issue. Whenever we both try to game we both get lag or I get kicked more then he does. Spectrum has bee out here three times and we've still had issues even tho it's better. Would a purchase of a modem or router help or am I out of luck until I move?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
I don't normally surf the web, but I don't notice it. It's just when we game. Sometimes I have issues if I try to stream to mixer, but if I'm the only one home I don't have issues. My ping is around a 30.
I would suggest doing a Factory Reset to the Router. If that didn't work, Contact your ISP and have them do a fresh installation to the software or replacement. Even downgrading the current version of the Software would most likely solve it.

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
Hello!

Does the Internet slow down applies while normally browsing the internet too or only when connecting to server such in online games? Also before joining a server, what's the general ping on most servers if exists? Try different game or different server location.

Apr 30, 2019
I don't normally surf the web, but I don't notice it. It's just when we game. Sometimes I have issues if I try to stream to mixer, but if I'm the only one home I don't have issues. My ping is around a 30.

You likely have some other problem than a simple bandwidth issue. Games use very little bandwidth, well under 1mbps. Most are closer to the 300kbps. Now they need this rate both up and down but I suspect you have at least 10mbps upload if your download is 400.

There are likely error messages in the log on the modem if there are problems with the connection to your house. There should also be a screen that show signal levels. You should be able to look those up and see if they are within recommended ranges. The actual numbers is a little different depending number of channels etc so it is too big a table for me to just replicate here.

Apr 30, 2019
Unfortunately, there aren't any error messages. I've had spectrum out here three times. The last guy said there's nothing on their end. That it may be an intermittent internet issue.
Test runs ping 30 down 400+ up 20+ this is hardwired

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
I would suggest doing a Factory Reset to the Router. If that didn't work, Contact your ISP and have them do a fresh installation to the software or replacement. Even downgrading the current version of the Software would most likely solve it.

Solution