[SOLVED] Internet speed affected by sound card

Mar 15, 2019
Hey guys.... first post here. I have a strange issue. I have a Gig service from Xfinity. for some reason it started slowing down. Xfinity rep had me turn off some services until speed came back. turned out it is my Creative sound card service. If i disable the service ( no sound ) the speed is 980 range all day. With the service on it is 450-500 range, I know that's still good speed but why would the sound card be slowing my internet speed down?? the mother board is a Sniper 2 with 16 gigs of RAM

thank for any advice in advance

Mar 15, 2019
It is.... pretty much a high end gaming comp. Was on with Creative support for like 30 mins yesterday. Sent me to next level of support. Like I said...500 mb is still good....but I wanna see 900 like i'm paying for ! ;-)

Apr 9, 2020
Hey guys.... first post here. I have a strange issue. I have a Gig service from Xfinity. for some reason it started slowing down. Xfinity rep had me turn off some services until speed came back. turned out it is my Creative sound card service. If i disable the service ( no sound ) the speed is 980 range all day. With the service on it is 450-500 range, I know that's still good speed but why would the sound card be slowing my internet speed down?? the mother board is a Sniper 2 with 16 gigs of RAM

thank for any advice in advance
Hello,
Did you ever find out what the issue was?
I just upgraded to a gig, but I'm only getting like 370 down on my gaming pc.
I'm trying to figure out why that is.