[SOLVED] Internet speed download "limitation" problem

THCharlie

Commendable
Jun 2, 2017
When i download something and the download speed goes over 25mb/s it shuts down my internet for 20-30 seconds and goes back up. It s not the router, it s not the cable and i think it s the integrated network board.
I know it s not the router because i have another pc in my house that is running on the same router and runs at over 60-70mb/s.
I have 1gb internet
Motherboard : ASRock H81M-DGS R2.0
I have tried every "Fix" i found on the internet and did not work.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Look in the event viewer and see if you get lucky and you get some kind of useful message when this happens.

You normally get some indication on the screen about the network connection if you lose the network.

The cheapest thing to try is a new ethernet cable. Make sure you get a pure copper cable that has wire size 22-24 and is cat5e or cat6 if you can get it cheaper.

Everything else gets messy because you start looking at option of getting a device to replace the ethernet port since you can not actually fix a motherboard.

THCharlie

Commendable
Jun 2, 2017
It has nothing to do with that... it s internet related only and when anything else together use more than 25-30mb/s the internet shuts down. For example if i download a game on steam and i enter a league of legends game the internet will shut down unless i stop the download. And it s pc related because as i said i have another pc in the house running on the same router. I want to know if it s from the motherboard's integrated network board or something else.

Look in the event viewer and see if you get lucky and you get some kind of useful message when this happens.

You normally get some indication on the screen about the network connection if you lose the network.

The cheapest thing to try is a new ethernet cable. Make sure you get a pure copper cable that has wire size 22-24 and is cat5e or cat6 if you can get it cheaper.

Everything else gets messy because you start looking at option of getting a device to replace the ethernet port since you can not actually fix a motherboard.

Solution