Internet Speed (Download Speed) is Only Slow on ONE computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousJaye

Reputable
May 21, 2014
I'm having trouble with my internet speed on my main desktop build. I have two macbooks and they are both getting around 22mbps down/ 2mbps up on wireless, but my desktop, which is connected via ethernet, is only getting around 6mbps down/2mbps up. I have tried using a different ethernet cable but the problem still persists. I am running Windows 8 on an MSI FM2 A75MA E35 motherboard. If anyone has a solution to this odd problem, I would be most appreciative.

Solution

FuriousJaye

Reputable
May 21, 2014

I'm using a motorola surfboard sbg6580. It is the modem that Time Warner provided with the service.

hammy434

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
hey, im having the same problem.

ive got a gigabyte z87x-d3h motherboard. i get similar download speeds to you on my laptop (26 down, 4mb up) but on my desktop i get 4 down, 4 up.

im connected over ethernet. im connected to a powerline adapter. this adapter WORKS FINE. also i used to have a wireless stick in this computer but i moved it to another computer... and guess what. in this computer it was just as slow as powerline. in the other computer its normal speed. so its not my powerline adapter. and on my old computer the powerline adapter worked fine.

im connected with that ethernet cable and on status it says 100mbps. is that ok? im using an ethernet cable that came with an old home hub (bt home hub 3, yellow cable). ive now got a bt hub 5.

im pretty sure the problem is with my computer. ive tried virus scans, installing os again, removing wifi adapter, ethernet (powerline) & wifi. but which component is causing it? i would guess motherboard but i dont want to buy a new motherboard and have the same problem... but i dont understand why this is happening i mean its only download which is affected.

im using win7hpsp1(x64), i7 4770k, palit gtx680(4gb), seagate 1tb, crucial ram 8gb ballistix, coolermaster gx psu. and a coolermaster case. and a samsung/tsstcorp dvd drive. motherboard is a gigabyte z87x-d3h

also the download speed on desktop varies from 0.5-18mb. but usually stays around the same as the upload (4-5). also 4mb download SHOULD be enough for a skype call but it lags like hell.

BamBamxxxx

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014

I just solved a problem with my internet speed on one computer. The problem was an AMD software called AMD Quick Stream, which was installed when I updated my AMD drivers.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.