Internet speed is slow

encipetor123

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
I have been having a problem where when I download games from steam or somewhere I'm at an average of 8mbps, but when I try to load any video anywhere on any website it only loads the first 50 seconds every time without fail then continues to load very slowly after that.

I run on wireless and my broadband speed check is 18mbps upload and 50mbps download and I have an average ping of about 18-23

I also load into games like league of legends very quickly.

This problem also happens on every browser I've tried and still wont work

Please help it's becoming very annoying

Havo_k

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
You can install "malwarebytes anti malware" program and run a full scan so it can clean your pc. Then you can trying cleaning your browser's cache and delete temp files. I would recommend that after you've done all this you should install "adblock plus" on your browser.

encipetor123

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014

I'll give it a try in a minute thanks

encipetor123

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014

So i just did all of that and nothing happened, it detected 2 threats and that's it, still only loads 50 seconds of videos, if its of any use I have add block plus and hola the internet country mover thing as my extensions

Havo_k

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

You should disable hola. I believe thats a proxy addon. Normally they are slow and can cause slow loading.

Try browsing in safe mode(on browser) and see if any of the issues exist. If not, then its probably an addon causing it. Follow this link on how to safe browse on firefox:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode

Mmm might be infected. Follow these steps and see what the results are first

Download Malwarebytes do a full system scan (AV doesn't pick up alot of malware) - this resolved almost ALL other similiar posts to date as most had Malware the AV didn't pick up.

Remove whatever AV your using and go to www.filehippo.com and download AVIRA (best bet), Comodo, Panda or AVG (AVAST! got hacked so I do NOT recommend them). and do a full system scan - this repeatedly has resolved alot of people issue relying on MS Essentials or have REPEATEDLY replied that it was Norton getting in the way.

Repeat the AV/Malware scans till the system comes up clean.

Did you install all Windows Updates? Including options except BING? Check them and repeat till ALL are installed.

Download and run Slim Drivers, install all the latest updates but you don't need to reboot until you do the last update

Let us know the results of EACH STEP please.

encipetor123

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014

Nothing is working, I'm just doing a system restore because this is really annoying me but thanks for the help