Status
Not open for further replies.

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
hey guys. i have internet at home with
500 mb/s download
30 mb/s upload

my router is in another room which is right next to my room. because i just cant use cable connection from my router to pc i bought some tp-link reapeater. it has 2 channels 2,4ghz at about 300mb/s and 5ghz at about max 870mb/s. my router allows 5G connection so i set it to 5G for my repeater but i am still not getting not even half of that. also i am running ethernet cable from reapeater bcause my pc doesnt have wifi access point or whatever. but when i run speed test i am getting only like 80-90mb/s download and 30mb/s upload.i am the only one who is connected on extended network.

Solution
Wireless runs single duplex which means that you will never get more than 1/2 the speed you can get over a cable. Add repeaters and each one cuts by an additional 50%. If you are only seeing 100Mbps on a cabled connection then some device in the chain is NOT 1Gbps. Most likely a switch or router. If that cabled connection is to a wireless device then you will be limited to what wireless can provide given its limitations.

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
and it doesnt matter if repeater is 1 meter from router in another room or if it is in my room....its still getting same speed max 90mb/s. my bro who is in room where is router ran the same speed test as me and he got proper results 500d/30u mb/s

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
so i looked at ethernet cable in control panel and i tried to look for duplex modes. i saw its locked on 100mb/s full duplex, i tried to set it higher to 1gb/s but straight after my connection on pc were gone and it wasnt coming back. any ideas? my cable support 1gb connection speed

Wireless runs single duplex which means that you will never get more than 1/2 the speed you can get over a cable. Add repeaters and each one cuts by an additional 50%. If you are only seeing 100Mbps on a cabled connection then some device in the chain is NOT 1Gbps. Most likely a switch or router. If that cabled connection is to a wireless device then you will be limited to what wireless can provide given its limitations.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.