[SOLVED] Internet Speed slower than roommates

Sep 10, 2019
We just got internet with Rogers Gigabit plan where we pay for 1gbps download and 30mbps upload speed. The first 3 or 4 days were great and we managed to all have 800mbps download speeds and everything was downloading very fast. Now myself and my other roommate only get around 150-200mbs where as my 3rd roommate still gets the 800mbps. I have tried so many things to improve my internet and none have worked. My internet before was being throttled with a pc setting but i fixed that issue. Roomate 1 who gets bad internet on his gaming pc is using a brand new 3000$ pc so i don't think his computer is the issue. Any help? I can provide specs of computer and stuff like that if necessary

Solution
I'm not entirely sure unless it comes installed with the computer, ive never installed outside programs for that. I have an Asus ROG g75wv laptop.
The ROG game plus software can slow downloads. I don't know if you can disable thst software or if you have to uninstall.
Sep 10, 2019
Do you have Killer network hardware or motherboard gaming enhancer installed. Those will both hurt high bandwidth performance.
I'm not entirely sure unless it comes installed with the computer, ive never installed outside programs for that. I have an Asus ROG g75wv laptop.

TRENDING THREADS