Internet Speed Very Slow on Brand New Newegg Aorus X5 MD

Feb 27, 2018
I just got this laptop booted up windows and connected to the wifi. The internet is incredibly slow on it, upload and download speed. I checked the drivers and windows says its up to date. I check the properties of the Wi-Fi Status and the speed is at 144.4 Mbps so the adapter isn't broken right? Every other device is working perfectly. Im very frustrated I don't know how to fix this I was with windows techs for hours because my Windows 10 couldn't update to 1709 it just gets stuck at 33% done for the download. I'm not sure if its a start up program. When I check the Task Manager every network percentage is at zero. If anyone could get back to me fast that would be great. Thank you.

Solution

yes. I've seen a couple of threads here on TH and other places on the net that have people reporting their systems being bricked after trying to continuously force the update. Let's hope it doesn't come to this though and we can resolve the OP's internet speed issues assuming they aren't tied to this update issue. Also, hope that they can get the update to go through on it's own when it does it automatically. I guess I should mention to the OP here that they can always boot into safe mode with networking and try to do the update from there.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
As for the windows update, if you haven't been able to update it yet don't force it as this can cause your system to die and not be able to boot into the BIOS let alone past it. Instead, backup important data to an external storage device or the cloud and then proceed with using a flash drive that is at least 8GB and downloading the Windows Media Creation Tool and making a bootable flash drive and doing a clean install of windows and then checking for updates.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador

yes. I've seen a couple of threads here on TH and other places on the net that have people reporting their systems being bricked after trying to continuously force the update. Let's hope it doesn't come to this though and we can resolve the OP's internet speed issues assuming they aren't tied to this update issue. Also, hope that they can get the update to go through on it's own when it does it automatically. I guess I should mention to the OP here that they can always boot into safe mode with networking and try to do the update from there.

Solution