Internet Speeds Slow down within minutes

ashutosh.singh9813

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
I have a 100 mbit connection. when using a 5ghz ac wifi adapter (tp link archer t2u) on my pc i get about 85 down on speedtests, which is fine. but when dowloading a game from steam the speed starts off at around 65 and within half an hour goes all the way down to 4 mbps.

i know the issue is not with the internet or the adapter because i have tested the adapter with my laptop on the exact same spot and i get consitent 80 down on steam for however long.

the only fix i have found to this is by tethering from my phone over usb. i get consitent speeds by doing this.

i have done multiple clean installs of windows and tested this before installing a single third party app to no avail.

thank you

ashutosh.singh9813

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017

The signals are decent because even my phone gets like 80 mbps on the sake spot. and i have tried both the front ports and the mobo ports. tried switching from usb 3 to 2 for the sake of it. but nothing worked.

the speeds on speeds on speedtest.net are very random. sometimes i get 85 and sometimes i get 2 mbps, even after refreshing multiple times and on all the browsers.

ashutosh.singh9813

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017

it does go through a wall, but that is not the issue because i get good speeds with the same adapter on my laptop on the exact same spot. i checked via ethernet and i get great speeds so the issue is not from the isp either.

ronpar

Reputable
Aug 17, 2016
Try turning of Your Network Proxy! That should speed it up some! I have noticed that since congress has allowed everyone to track us, that everything is slowing down on the WWW, and all the handshaking! LOL! Have You cleared Your catch, and history files? That's another thing, I have Netflix, and I have always set my laptop to never remember history! but that is a no go if You want to watch a video on Netflix! What type of web browser are You using?