[SOLVED] Internet speeds very very slow on a brand new pc (i have 150 mbps)

Mar 30, 2021
Hi. I got a pc yesterday and the speeds of downloading are extremely slow. its giving me 1 mbps or much, much less sometimes even 0 mbps/kbps instead of 150 mbps. it is having errors even to start installing things even if i do them one by one. i am not sure if this is a hardware or a wifi problem. it almost took the whole day to install minecraft yesterday. i am not sure if something is wrong with my wifi. i have the router right next to me and no one is connected. i do not have a ethernet cable yet. i might get a cat 5,6 or 7. i would really like an answer to my question please. thank you!

Solution
Borrow some cable to friends, just to check it (don't buy a new one yet if we don't know what's the problem).
If the connection is good with the cable, buy a new one, and never use wifi anymore for everyday use.
Cable connections are safer anyway than wifi if we talk about security, but who cares? We care about speed, yes.

N3wb13g

Honorable
Mar 2, 2017
Borrow some cable to friends, just to check it (don't buy a new one yet if we don't know what's the problem).
If the connection is good with the cable, buy a new one, and never use wifi anymore for everyday use.
Cable connections are safer anyway than wifi if we talk about security, but who cares? We care about speed, yes.

Solution
Does your motherboard have built in wifi or are you using a usb wifi antenna or a wifi card? Have you installed the wifi drivers? Ive found downloading the 'intel driver and support assistant' (even if you are running an AMD based system) the easiest way to make sure you have the correct and up to date wifi drivers, it scans your system and automatically installs the correct driver.

Mar 30, 2021
hi thanks for the replys. i bought a cat 6 cable to see if that would be better but i was getting the same speeds but wayy better ping. also thank you for listing the drivers.