Question Internet stops working on PC after about 10 minutes, still shows connection is fine

lomboses

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2015
I am having an issue with my wired connection on my PC. I can boot up and do everything normally for about 10 minutes. After that nothing will load, no apps, no browser, no games, nothing. If i opened a stream while the internet was working that stream will continue to play like normal. The internet itself does not give any indication anything is wrong and no other device is acting up. I have tried running ipconfig and netsh reset commands. I have ran DISM and SFC. I have run tweaking Windows repair tool. I have done the network reset through windows as well as tried disabling iPv6 and reenabling it. Nothing seems to do the trick. Any advice would be helpful

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Disable all power and screen savers.

Look in Reliability History for any error codes, warnings or informational events that occur about 10 minutes after the PC has been booted.

Reliability History is user friendly and uses a time line format that may prove revealing.

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) and post the results.

Make and model router? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue as to what is happening.

Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.

I_Got_Crabs

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022
I am having an issue with my wired connection on my PC. I can boot up and do everything normally for about 10 minutes. After that nothing will load, no apps, no browser, no games, nothing. If i opened a stream while the internet was working that stream will continue to play like normal. The internet itself does not give any indication anything is wrong and no other device is acting up. I have tried running ipconfig and netsh reset commands. I have ran DISM and SFC. I have run tweaking Windows repair tool. I have done the network reset through windows as well as tried disabling iPv6 and reenabling it. Nothing seems to do the trick. Any advice would be helpful
You didn't mention your PC Specs and age. But, I once encountered this because I had installed a version of Norton Internet Protection, this was a number of years ago. After uninstalling the Norton program, a program was left behind in the Program and Features which had a cryptic name but was a component of the Norton program. That caused the PC to go offline. Sometimes after going offline, the PC would stay offline for a few days, I just had to power it on to find out. Then, one day, the internet would work for some time before it just turned off again. Anyway, after uninstalling the reminent program my PC stayed online. I hope this helps. You may try rolling the computer back to an earlier restore point