Internet stuttering Issue

kittybooze

Reputable
May 29, 2015
I have troubleshooted to my limit of knowledge and need some serious help, anything is of use and appreciated.

I seem to have NO issue with continuous connections. Whether that be an online game or a download, the connection will remain. I have tested the wireless connection on a separate laptop as well as the wired on the same laptop. The laptop doesn't show the same issue. Yet my home computer tower continues to have the same problem.

The problem is simply: The connection will drop on a newly started connection, I've only seen manifest while browsing the internet. The problem seems to be consistent, and possibly even on a timed interval. The webpage will start loading, then the main picture or video or whatever won't load fully, it will continue to try and load for a long while to no avail. This only happens sometimes, perhaps every 2 minutes or so. But its annoying enough that I need to fix it.

I started by wiping my installation of windows and starting the computer anew. Unfortunately, that didn't work. I changed over the ethernet cord leading to the computer tower, no luck. Then I bought an ethernet card thinking my motherboard's ethernet was faulty. I had previously tried updating the drivers and that didn't work. Guess what? wasn't the motherboard's ethernet either.

So I'm at a loss now, I have no idea what could be causing it. I figure it must be hardware related but what if not the motherboard itself being dysfunctional.

kittybooze

Reputable
May 29, 2015
It was working for so long after but now its back to doing the same thing again. I don't think it can be port related as I've recreated the problem on more than one. Is there any sort of monitoring software that comes to mind I can use to sort of measure the times in which the connection drops and such. Just to get a better idea of what could be happening