[SOLVED] (Internet through coax) Does any alternative exist to having this box(image in post)?

Sep 4, 2021
Hello

I have this white box mounted on my cable outlet to get internet(View link). It is unfortunately installed right next to a door which then, because of the size of the box, does not swing entirely open any more. Do an alternative to the physical box exist? Like a different shape or just having cables?
I have tried searching myself, but I come up short, because I don't know what to specifically search for in terms of names etc.

It is my first post, and I can't seem to insert an image from this link. Hope this will do.
View: https://imgur.com/a/Q7omagp

Solution
So is your router in a different room and it connects to a similar wall jack via coax?

In some ways I am surprised that works. Very old coax cable was meant for over the air television. It would have a hard time running modern cable tv or internet. I am not sure why there are 2 connectors.

Just guessing something like this might work
https://www.amazon.com/NANYI-Adaptor-Connector-F-Connectors-Satellite/dp/B07SBWJG66

These seem to be very hard to find the

You could also try to pry apart the brown box and see what the actual wires look like. You might be able to remove the end of the cable and put on a more modern F connector. They make versions that can be installed without tools.
That is something I have not seen and I get nothing searching for "view link".

What does this connect to. Is there some electronic box that is somewhere else.

What this looks like to me is a old style coax connector. It converts the screw on f connector to a push on connectors that you used to see on old style tv and vcr. Not sure why something like that would be used anymore.

Sep 4, 2021
That is something I have not seen and I get nothing searching for "view link".

What does this connect to. Is there some electronic box that is somewhere else.

What this looks like to me is a old style coax connector. It converts the screw on f connector to a push on connectors that you used to see on old style tv and vcr. Not sure why something like that would be used anymore.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for the confusion about "View link". I was referring to the link in the post.

It connects to my router on the other end.

I think you have identified it correctly, as an old style coax connector. My building was constructed in 1934, so that is probably while its still in use.

this is how it looks underneath.
View: https://imgur.com/a/nC0ZcgP

So is your router in a different room and it connects to a similar wall jack via coax?

In some ways I am surprised that works. Very old coax cable was meant for over the air television. It would have a hard time running modern cable tv or internet. I am not sure why there are 2 connectors.

Just guessing something like this might work
https://www.amazon.com/NANYI-Adaptor-Connector-F-Connectors-Satellite/dp/B07SBWJG66

These seem to be very hard to find the

You could also try to pry apart the brown box and see what the actual wires look like. You might be able to remove the end of the cable and put on a more modern F connector. They make versions that can be installed without tools.

Solution
Are you in Europe? I haven't seen anything like this in the US, but remember my grandfather's place in London having connectors similar to this.

One thing you could possibly do if the adapter is connecting to both of the existing wires is to simply get some extension wires for those two and relocate the adapter box where it will not affect the door.

I'm assuming the left side stands for Radio and the right side is TV obviously. Most likely if your house has an antenna tower or if you look in the attic, you'll find several antennae. Someone at some point probably disconnected them and repurposed them for CABLE. The new cable installer was too lazy to run new lines or the old homeowner didn't want new lines installed. The old lines, most likely aren't RG-6 and aren't up to snuff for todays standards. I wouldn't recommend taking the box off and recrimping new ends unless you know what size cable the old ones are.

Your best option is to find another outlet in the house or have the cable company add a new line in a better spot.