Sorry about the repost, but the previous subject line seemed a bit too
ambiguous.

My system: Windows XP Home SP2

When attempting to manual synchronize the system time with the Internet, the
following error occurs:

An error occurred while Windows was synchronizing with time.windows.com.
The time sample was rejected because: The peer's stratum is less than the
host's stratum.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Please disregard. I located this same problem in another post.

"Curt B" wrote:

> Sorry about the repost, but the previous subject line seemed a bit too
> ambiguous.
>
> My system: Windows XP Home SP2
>
> When attempting to manual synchronize the system time with the Internet, the
> following error occurs:
>
> An error occurred while Windows was synchronizing with time.windows.com.
> The time sample was rejected because: The peer's stratum is less than the
> host's stratum.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Try this server
TOCK.USNO.NAVY.MIL
It works for me and I don't have anymore this kind of message.
andrede

Thanks. I added several new sites to select from. Microsoft must have
recently changed their time server. I noticed other posts with the same
error.