internet "timeout" every 30 minutes

KosmoInc

Honorable
May 22, 2013
We recently had a lightning strike that took out some of our routers. I've replaced them but now I get a "timeout" every 30 minutes that lasts approx 2-3 minutes. I used a program to ping google every 2000ms and every 30 minutes, there is a stretch of about 2-3 minutes that every ping times out before receiving a reply.
I disconnected all routers and hooked my desktop directly to the static IP modem and I do not get the "timeouts." so it is somewhere in my system, not Brighthouse.
I have already replaced the Dlink DIR-826L with a new DIR-826L, but It didn't change a thing.
Is there a setting that could be causing this?

KosmoInc

Honorable
May 22, 2013

It is a Surfboard Cable Modem/Router set to Bridge mode. The problem is definitely not with the modem or Brighthouse service. When I run the Ping test with the computer hooked directly to the modem, there is no issue. When I attach the router (DIR-826L) the problem starts back up again. This is verified using the ping test.

KosmoInc

Honorable
May 22, 2013
Traced this back to one computer deep within the network. Might be coincidence that this started just after the lightning strike. Once we took that terminal off the LAN, all worked well. As soon as we reconnected that terminal to the net, every 30 minutes like clockwork. Thank you to all who helped with this problem.